I am from central Europe and was born in the 1970ies.
I started serious hiking in 2016 after abandoning my office life in Swiss politics. At the moment I focus on long distance hiking and long distance running.
I consider myself to be somehow sporty and I am able to walk more than 70 miles or 100 km in under 24 hours in all conditions except extreme snow heights.
You can follow me on Instagram or just fill in the contact form above.
This page is mainly done for myself: I want to be able to know what I did and when. Because of my hiking style there is no blogging or vlogging directly from trails, as a post here takes more time than the actual hiking…
My trailname Mars has several meanings for me.
First of all, I like Mars-bars as they are not what they seam. As they contain 70 % of sugar, they give you a food coma for more or less the time you need to eat one. Never should you eat a Mars bar if you do not hike for 10 hours or more. Even if, it is basically an assault on your health.
Also, Mars is the name of the Roman god of war. Instead, I invested thousands of hours in promoting peace and non-violent methods in somehow general interacting. Saving my country billions in the process.
Mars was also the name of a Swedish warship in the 15th century. It sank during the first battle it participated in. So the name reminds me to be humble.
Mars is also the name of a now extremely rare aircraft. Initially it was used as a military aircraft, two remaining airworthy examples were used as fire tankers in recent years – again a kind of development into the right direction.
All pictures on this page are my own, shoot with various iphones.
Remember: The internet is considered to be public space. Insults in the comments may have some legal implications, as Swiss law can apply.
Terms & Conditions
The information contained in mars hikes website under unscrew.it comes with no guarantees or warranties. Your use of this site constitutes your unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions listed below.
- The author, mars, makes no guarantees as to the accuracy of the material contained in unscrew.it. There will be errors, omissions and the information will never be up-to-date. Under no circumstances may the author be held liable for any inaccuracies.
- Whenever you venture outside of your dwelling there are many risks involved. Under no circumstances, may readers of the website hold the author responsible for any injuries, loss or damages which may result from the adoption of any suggestions or recommendations contained in unscrew.it.
- Unless otherwise stated, all logos, graphics, photographs, videos and text are the property of the domain holder of unscrew.it, and may not be used without the express permission of the author.
- unscrew.it contains links to other websites. These links are provided as a convenience to the reader. The author accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of these third-party websites.
- unscrew.it comes with no warranties that this website, its server or any linked sites are free of computer viruses, malware, or otherwise harmful code.
- Social Media: Various social media concepts like facebook, instagram or youtube (comment section) may give you the impression to interact with a person directly. This is delusional. You may unknowingly project your hopes and dreams into a social media presence of an individual.
The page uses WordPress and a generic theme